According to esoteric principles the goal of evolution (unfoldment) and ego death is to master life, to become people who know who we are and where we are going. Such people know exactly what they are doeing. They see clearly, understanding themselves and conditions around them. Filled with compassion for less progressed beings, they help others learn who they are in the deepest meaning of these words.
Such people help others find, what they themselves have found, their true spititual idenity. For all that, one can only point the way for others since all must find the way and become the way for themselves.
There are seven stages of unfoldment:
1. The mechanical being. One at this stage lives and thats about all.
2. The person is wraped up and fasinated by things perceived.
3. One is wrapped up in emotions and desires whichsensations arouse and seeks out exsperiance.
4. The person has developed intellect by which to plat ways to gain the objects of desire.
5. Spiritual intelligence begins to dawn. One begins to realize there is more to life that what was formaly beleived. It begins to be concerned with understanding things ans sences deeper levalsof consciousness within.
6. Intuistion, wisdom and the sence of oneness which is love become the persons natural state. Knowledge arises spontaneously within.
7.One has become perfected with nature, a fully "enlightend" soul with no more lessons to,learn on earth.
The end is to become more than human. A Dhyan Chohan. Its evolution is now a matter of attaining consciousness on higher and higher planes of cosmic consciousness. New worlds open up andconsciousness unfolds on levals which are as the overtones, as it were, of the seven planes of terrestrial consciousness. Builders, Planetary spiirts, Lipika---these are but a few of the names assigned to those evolving in higher worlds of consciouse life---realms greater and vaster, more all encompassing than can be imagined by the greatest and most holy saint on this speck of mud called earth.